Sights Αrchaeological Sites - Points of Interest

The Church of St. Nicolas Holy Church (Iria)


Supposedly, one of the oldest churches in the prefecture of Argolida, this church's actual date of assembly is not confirmed. However, the west side of the church, just above its entrance has the inscribed date of 1381.


Bibliographic documentation recognizes this church as the predominant one of the prefecture in 1696.



The campanile of the church is quite noteworthy with a part of it being architecturally capital. The church's interior has been frescoed some time during the second period of the Venetian domination.


The cross shaped, basilica structured church of St. Nicolas lies in the north of the region of "Iria" next to the debris of a tower, and it is also used as the church's cemetery for that region.

      se209    se207    se208

The exact location of the Holy Church can be tracked in the section: Map.