The Church of St. Nicolas (Poulakida)


Heading north, away from the village's centre square, one comes across the church of St. Nicolas which also happens to be the township's cemetery.

This church can be architecturally characterized as a registered cruciform temple, whose key attribute is the supersized dome.

However, the artistic manner of its buildup cannot be analyzed further, due to the coating on the walls.

The one and only part of the wall's paint which has been removed, clearly points to the assumption that ancient stones as well as Byzantine-era materials have been used for its erection.

Noteworthy is the fact that there is a badly-preserved inscription stating that this house of God underwent renovations in the year 1829.


The exact location of the Holy Church can be tracked in the section: Map